During the last week, I was on 9 flights around the country, for various reasons (weddings and visiting my brother). I find that plane rides are a great time and place for personal meditation, and given that I have recently decided to go back to Kenya and spend some more time at Tumaini, I had ample reason for such meditation. I was also listening to a lecture series by Charles Ringma of Regent seminary in Vancouver (which I should blog about soon, as it’s been the most impactful lecture series for me in the last few years). A concept from those lectures stuck in my head, which I’d thought about before but which had become somewhat more real for me recently. That was the concept of downward mobility.
Like this? Tip me!
- Respite from Facebook | Quirky Case on Reflection: Why “It’s Complicated” With Facebook
- Dave Oltrogge on Election Night
- Jessica on Summer of Rock 2012
- nt on Blogging Borgmann: TCCL Chapter 10, “The Foreground of Technology”
- Batman, Chik-Fil-A and the Muppets « randomness and ruminations on The Dark Knight and René Girard
Adventure albert borgmann Anecdotes Art Books Christianity Christmas Community Culture Design Discoveries Ecology facebook From my reading Gaming Idealism Kierkegaard Love Movies Music Nature Nerd stuff Observations Personal Philosophy Photos Poetry Projects Psychology Random Reviews Sci-fi Science Scripture Software Splendour Hyaline Storytelling summer-of-rock technology Theology Travel Updates Web Work World of warcraft